courageous

banner

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Hard to think of what to write!

Hi, I think I've been in a mix of shock and busyness with life around here. The first few days we all walked around like we didn't know what to do. We had the laundry caught up, lawn mowed, garden weeded, etc. The kids ended up doing school all week. I needed to remind myself I am pregnant and due in less than 3 weeks so that is part of my tiredness and I took naps everyday. My prayer life is a mix of praying for God's leading to another baby, praying for the labor I will be in soon and praying for birth mom and her journey with this baby.

Today, I ended up with food poisoning. I'm pretty sure anyway. I've not had this before or I'd remember it. I searched for what else it could be but the abdominal cramping, nausea, and other less savory things to say make it more obvious. This morning Kevin was taking our 1989 Oldsmobile to the scrap yard on the way to church. I was miserable but we followed him until we realized we would need a tow rope and I had to drive back home for it. We had second thoughts about keeping the car but after it overheated many times on the way there we knew we didn't need it in the back yard anymore! I towed him to the place, breaking the rope once. I don't like turns when you are towing someone!!!!! Church was over by the time we got there but there was a picnic. I was planning on laying down in the van while they went, after all what was I going to feed them at home! Well, I couldn't do it, I got sicker as we went and we made it home just in time. They found food to make and I called out "Don't eat the deviled eggs!" because I believe that was the source. Kevin and one kid had eaten one so we'll see if they get sick later. Emily believes I got sick to prevent others at church from getting sick if the eggs are the problem. I was so worried I was going to go into labor while being that sick but thankfully I feel better and thankfully I didn't go into labor.

I am anxiously awaiting signs I am in labor. I now have two weeks before due date. I believe this baby is big enough:) I really "feel" this baby is big enough to be born NOW! I can't imagine right now what it will be like to move and bend over freely:) I am waiting for that experience. God Bless and again thank you for all the support and comments!

2 comments:

Laura Lu said...

Oh Steph--I'm sorry. I got food poisoning when I was pregnant too. Be sure to drink enough...I ended up going into the hospital wih dehydration. My dd was born a few days later...4 weeks early. Just take lots of little sips...

Is Eight Enough? said...

Stephanie,

I am so sorry about your loss. There is not much I can say. I wish I could take away your sadness. Praise God you will soon have a sweet new life to love on!!

Blessings, Justine
Leaving tomorrow to get our little girls.