courageous

banner

Friday, August 29, 2008

A funny story on "labor" day.

Lena Mae-Today around 1:30 p.m.

I wanted to share a funny anecdote from the day I was in labor. It was mid-afternoon and I was laying down in my room getting rested because I just knew I was going to be having a baby that day despite there being hardly any contractions. Moriah, my youngest came in often to see if I had the baby yet. Well, she came in and asked "Did you have the baby yet?" I said, "No." She says, "Yes, you did, my know you did, you're hiding it from me." I showed her I was still very pregnant and she just fisted her hands and stomped out :) It was so funny and she had to wait almost 6 more hours to see the baby.


Lena Mae is doing very well. She sleeps and eats right now. I never have to worry about someone holding her. In fact, I am always breaking up fights over who gets her next:) I still haven't gotten any sleep. I get maybe an hour here and there but never more than 2 in a night. Ask me about the Democratic Convention, I've seen hours of news shows talking about every detail of it, it's the only thing on TV from 2 am until 6 a.m. (Just need to add: I am NOT a Democrat.) She just sleeps the long periods of time in the afternoon and around 7-10 p.m. Always at times when it hasn't worked for me to take a nap. I know it will change around but please pray for it to get better soon. I feel fine but sometimes I am so tired!

2 comments:

Laura Lu said...

she can't get any cuter! i love those cheeks. sorry that you aren't getting sleep...that is so hard. i thought you were a democrat so that sort of took me by surprise. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey new mama! Hope you start getting more sleep soon!
I was phoned about two adoption situations yesterday and I can't pursue either of them..so I prayed and prayed and asked God to find a family for them and He has put you on my heart-I almost tried to phone you but chickened out lol So I am telling you on here instead-the agency is A childs Dream in Washington state but both babies are in Nevada-a girl 6-8 weeks old Full AA both birth parents have signed and she has been in interim care for a week or two-I wanted so desperatly to go get her and I just can't. The little boy is 1 week old and his mom has signed dad is completely unknown. She drank a little during her pregnancy. he is biracial they said with really light mocha skin. Please phone if you think one of them is right for your family. I have the number at home but my interent isn't working so I am at a little cafe writing this...if you want the number phone me250-396-7675 I am pacific time so its earlier here! Anyway-keep growing that sweet little girl of yours and I am praying that your adoption works out! Blessings and Love
Erin