Hi, I am quite tired today. I really hoped to get a little more sleep than the night before but little Lena didn't think that was a cool idea. She just wanted her mama to hold her. It is neat how she responds to my voice or settles down when I touch her. God created us in such a wonderful way so that a baby knows the mom's voice from being in there 9 months!
Today is tough. My body is so tired that I can hardly move around. It's all coming back to me though, remembering what it is like to have just had a baby. Another thing amazing about the way God created us, to so quickly forget the birth process and the not so nice things that go with it. The kids did some school and then several went out to continue their cleaning up the trees project. Jordan is still at school when she's not holding Lena so I can rest. Otherwise it is a nice quiet day where I am just enjoying holding her and not doing anything.
We had several visitors last night and that was nice! Thanks Kim for the brownie bites and clothes and other snack stuff! I shared the brownie bites with the kids at lunch even though I didn't want to. Thanks Jana for the meal for supper tonight. I'm just too tired to plan for that!:) Thanks Christine for the cute clothes. I love baby onesies:) The day before my mom brought us many packages of diapers and some clothes for a little later. Kevin's mom already made the name sign to hang in her room and her personalized Christmas stocking! Wow! Thanks for the many thoughts and prayers. They have helped and encouraged us and given us strength.
Oh, and Becky came yesterday and brought me a cherry Coke because she remembered after or during labor my saying how I sure wanted one since I had not drank any soda during my pregnancy. The baby is doing great and everything is going normally for me so that was good to have done. She did Lena's footprints and we had a great visit. This post is getting longer than I planned. Lena is waiting to be fed again!!!!! But, I want to say what a wonderful blessing Becky is and was for the labor and if I had known it could be this good I would have home birthed more of them. My mom just walked in. Bye!

1 comment:
Glad you are feeling good, and all of those snacks are making me hungry!
Post a Comment