courageous

banner

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Pray for God's Will

She has had the baby as I told you yesterday. She also wouldn't allow the caseworker to call her yesterday. Today, she did accept a call from Clarissa. She wants to keep the baby. Her mom is coming to see her around 1 p.m. Georgia time (12p.m. ours) and birth mom is going to talk to her mom about this. Clarissa does not see a way that birth mom can keep this baby and our prayer right now is that she can see the whole picture of this decision. Yes, I believe he is so beautiful and precious to her already. How could you look upon a baby you carried and not see something so wonderful? We are praying that she makes this decision based on more than her emotions at this time. We are praying she sees this baby and the life he will lead with her. I want so much to beg God to please let him be mine but this is His will and His way and I pray that she will also seek what is His will or if she doesn't know the Lord at least God could put into her mind what is the best for her and for this baby.

You know, you are told this could happen and even up to 10 days after you have the baby but when it does happen you aren't quite prepared for the emotional response. I was sure I was about to have a baby boy this week and I was going to nurture him and raise him up with my own baby to be like twins and we were already in love with him without knowing him because that is what having a baby is like. I am turning to God in this and praying without ceasing for His comfort and for His Word in this. It will be difficult if she decides to keep him. I am thankful for the baby we are having and know some will think that is enough anyway because they thought it strange we wanted to adopt while pregnant. Some understand but just know it will still be a loss and our family will need your prayers for comfort and peace. Thank you and God Bless.

4 comments:

Is Eight Enough? said...

Oh I am so praying for all of you involved right now! Your heart must be so torn! I am so sorry that it couldn't be easier on all of you!!

I will check back later to see how things are going. Hang in there, God knows this whole situation. You will have many saints praying for you today.

Love, Justine

Jane said...

still praying in SC.

Shelly Roberts said...

Still praying for you guys through this journey. Will continue checking in. Know that we're here!! Much love, ~Shelly

Heather Keno said...

Praying for you.