At supper tonight Bekah loudly proclaims she doesn't like lima beans. I told her put them to the side and leave them there, quietly! Later I realized I don't like them either and it opened up a teaching moment. I said, "Rebekah, did you know I don't like lima beans either?" She perked up and replied that she didn't. I said it is because I don't announce it to the world, I quietly put them to the side or I eat them first to get it over with. Doesn't it just get you down when you finally figured out what to make for supper, get it on the table and someone complains? At least I have Kevin there, he likes to eat anything! :)
Sometimes life is like that, we loudly proclaim "I don't like this thing that is happening to me." "I didn't choose this." I have felt a bit like this with Isaac's allergies. Today at church we asked for prayer for his allergies and for us as we figure out what foods he can eat. Another family got up to ask for prayer for their 1 year old who was recently diagnosed with cerebal palsey. I felt like whatever we were going through was so small compared. We will figure out his diet eventually and he'll probably grow out of some of the allergies. This little girl probably won't grow out of this. God could heal her but in the meantime her family will need extra encouragement and strength.

No comments:
Post a Comment