courageous

banner

Monday, November 10, 2008

Applesauce day...


We haven't done any applesauce up yet! Last year I'm sure I had nearly 200 jars by now. We have some dried apples but not near what we could eat up in a winter. Well, today regular school is on hold and the girls are getting a lesson in canning. They will probably do most of the work today although the boys are busy washing and cutting, too. I'm so blessed. We washed the jars last night and one of the girls sorted all the apples piling up in the garage, good from bad and brought in the good. It's also my mom's birthday today. I'm hoping to get these apples done so we can run over to wish her a happy day.


While we work in the kitchen we like to listen to books on tape, history stories or science. Today, they are listening to Jonathan Park Adventure Series. It is about creation. The main character is a paleontoligist. They explore caves, dinosaur bones and other things in a dramatized story. The kids really enjoy it.

No comments: