Oh, my.... We have five kids plus now Kevin with a cough. Some kids cough most of the night. I took two to the doctor today and Riah has a bit of pneumonia. We got some super strength cough syrup but Riah is coughing up junk anyway, which isn't real good since the cough stuff said that if you inhibit the phlegm then it can dry it out in the lungs and make it harder to cough out which seems to be happening. We could really use some prayers for healing and sleep in our house. It is going on two weeks of this cough and about 5 nights of not much sleep for many of us. I am praying for the kids to get some relief with this heavy duty cough syrup since much healing goes on in your body while you are sleeping.
Another thought for prayer is Isaac, the one with the intestinal problems, ie Candida overgrowth. He is having a few down days. We believe one of his supplements is too hard on his body and have quit taking it. He went in today to Dr. K., our favorite doctor right now. He's so personable and easy-going. He also listens to all my questions and gives me straight talk. Told me to pray but then listen to God, meditate on it. He can tell I talk things out so much and that I keep looking for new answers. Isaac also has come down with the cough. I was really hoping he wouldn't. Pray for him to have strength to go through this time. Earlier this week he sat drawing pictures of all the foods he wants to eat. Today, he was looking at magazines with food in them, salivating I'm sure. He wants to know when? When can I have bread? When can I have cookies again? When, when, when? I don't have any clear answers for him, just let us take it one day at a time.
Jordan wrote the previous post kind of joking around while I was busy with something so I decided to post it. At the beginning she's lamenting on all that is going on in our house right now. It seems to be so much, too much at times. She wasn't sure she wanted it published but I hit publish post before she could say anything.

No comments:
Post a Comment