Psalms 68:6 "God sets the solitary in families:" Our family is planning on adopting. We believe God to be guiding us to this and wish to enlist prayer warriors to pray for God to "do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us." Ephesians 3:20
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
God is still in control...
Even though the election didn't go the way I think most Christians would have liked it to, God is still in control. Even though a very anti-life, pro-abortion candidate won and he was quoted as saying the "first thing he would do as President" was to sign back into law a bill President Bush signed out allowing federal dollars to go for abortions across the world, God is still in control. Why anyone thinks US tax dollars should fund abortions overseas is beyond me? Why anyone thinks money should be taken from the rich and be given to the poor, and I qualify under US guidelines as poor, is also beyond me. I don't want money someone else earned! It is a scary time we are living in. My kids are down and feeling defeated tonight. I keep saying, "God is still in control". No matter what happens in our country, to our laws, to our rights and freedoms, God will show His infinite power. I understand if some who read this disagree with me and don't read my blog anymore. I just need to say these things. I am going to continue to call on the Lord for this country's sake, for Christians everywhere to come together and pray for our country and for our children who will inherit every decision that comes from those in leadership. I will continue to teach my children the history of our country and what it was founded on, freedom of religion not from religion. I pray my children will go out as ambassadors of Christ and show God's love to all. I will pray that the freedoms we have fought so hard for with the blood of many soldiers and citizens will stand. As LeAnn F. sang in church one Sunday "Lord, Have Mercy. Christ, Have Mercy. Lord, Have Mercy on Us."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I sleep deeply and sweetly last night because God alone makes me to dwell in safty. AMEN and AMEN to what you said. The real change does not come from a political leader but from the Spirit and parents raising up children to live lives that honor God. Happy day Steph :)
Post a Comment