As you see I've decided to change it up a bit! A time to do away with the old perhaps? We watched a movie called Flywheel Friday night and it had a great impact on me. "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away, behold all things are become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17 A used car salesman cheated a minister and the minister (believing he was getting a good deal) prayed for God to bless the salesman the same way. This ended up bringing the salesman to his knees before the Lord. The second half of the movie shows him changing to a new man. I ended up with a coughing child that night or morning (3 a.m.) and was thinking back on the movie and thinking was there anything holding me back in my relationship with the Lord? I thought of three things immediately. I went and got them all and threw them all away. You might think what could they be??? Well, one was a movie that is sort of a love story but one I wouldn't let my kids watch and one I wouldn't want to emulate. Another was similar, a book I have read many times and practically have it memorized. Again, a love story. And the third was the cord to the TV that plugs it into the antenna. They are all gone, burned up already. I love TV at night when the kids are in bed, supposed to be in bed anyway. They are always coming up and I have to turn the channel or turn it off and really, is that what I want to teach them, to be enticed by the things they see on it?? I have wanted to do it for a long time and have put it away many times but now it's gone and I'm free from the things I feel kept me from a closer relationship with the Lord. I am in no way saying you should do likewise. I prayed to God to reveal these things to me. It wasn't hard to figure them out for myself. Everyone has their own "issues" I would imagine.
I'm also not saying I'll be perfect now! :) LOL Can that be possible? No, I just want to concentrate on this time in my life and really don't want my children to remember me as sitting in front of the TV.

2 comments:
Love the new look :)
Wow, what a change in you. I can think of a few things that I should just get rid of too.
Post a Comment