courageous

banner

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all! We had a nice meal at my mom's and came home to play card games and read and pray. Kids are tucked into bed now at 9 p.m. That is a hard thing to do around here. Bedtime is just way too late for me. I hoped for 8 p.m. but oh, well. Isaac was in bed by 7:15 p.m. He was quite tired all day. He took two small naps. He was fever free most of the day and now at bedtime had a temp. He enjoyed having a turkey dinner and felt good most of the day. He needs to get up fairly early to go to the hospital for the iron injection. We continue praying for healing of his body.

We had an interesting night. I just know God is using all of this to mold us into what he wants us to be. I pray that my heart and eyes are open to it so I don't miss it. As you know from yesterday's post all of us are on antibiotics. At midnight we cleaned Isaac's pic line and headed to bed. I was in bed awhile and my chest was a bit itchy, I had a rash all over it. I laid down but started to feel like my tongue was funny so checked it several times. I couldn't sleep now so sat at the table to read a bit and pray. I read through the drug sheet on the antibiotic and it said to seek immediate medical attention for a rash, itchy throat, face or tongue. Well, I did feel a bit funny with my tongue. Anxiety set in and I got Kevin and handed him the phone to call 911. We decided against the ambulance and drove to the hospital. By the time we got there the rash was gone. We were going to sit in the waiting room just a bit to make sure and an RN asked us what was going on. Thankfully, without being checked in he helped us out, yes, it was a reaction and yes, I shouldn't take it anymore. Whew. We got home at 3:30 a.m. to get a couple hours rest. One of life's little twists. We could really use some sleep this week.

No comments: