courageous

banner

Thursday, October 30, 2008

We'll try no eggs...

I did decide we should try no eggs for now since they said highly reactive. He had strawberries, a hamburger and some goat cheese for breakfast. He was moderately reactive to goat's milk so again what to do? If eggs are making him sick then I can't in good conscience keep giving them to him. People have three types of allergic reactions: 1) stuffy face, nose and throat, runny eyes 2) Skin (hives) and 3) gastrointestinal. We know that Isaac has the third type of reaction. Although he isn't having stomachaches or diarrhea from the eggs I think this is best while we improve his immune system. In my daily devotional email today it said this: When Satan tempts you as a homeschooling parent to become discouraged and feel sorry for yourself, claim the promises in God's Word to defeat this enemy of God. "For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds" (2 Corinthians 10:3-4). I can tell you I am feeling a bit sorry for myself. I feel terrible for Isaac and what is ahead for him. I just want a "normal" life!!!

Isaac is having a good day again so I'm thankful for good days. Riah finished her school (which has been difficult to prod her to do) so I'm thankful for kids learning. Caleb found 2 eggs today so I'm thankful for the new chickens to start laying for the first time. Baby Lena is always sweet and adorable so I'm thankful for God giving us this incredible blessing. Bekah is learning to read!!!!! Very thankful for that as it is helping her do some of her school on her own!!! The older girls went with friends to help with the Hallelujah party scheduled for tomorrow night. I'm thankful they can go and I can stay home.

I'm thankful for God's provision. During morning devotions each person takes a card and prays for what is written or who is written on it. Yesterday I wrote some new ones and one in particular said to pray for God's provision for our family according to His wisdom and plan for us (as opposed to my plans). Just 3 short hours later I went to get the mail and someone sent some money with a note saying she thought this would help with the extra supplements or food needed to have someone on a different diet. I am always amazed at God's work in my poor, wretched, sin-filled life. He cares for us even when we can't see why he would.

No comments: