Today in the mail we received the allergy workup on Isaac. Oh, my!!!! Nothing much was a surprise, he's really allergic to everything!! It's amazing really that we started him on the diet we did and when we did because the things he is allergic to we have already removed from his diet! I am giving thanks to God because I have been praying for wisdom and he gave it. He's allergic to all milk products, wheat flour and wheat gluten (???? we tested for this so I'm confused???), peanut butter, oats, honey, cane sugar, oranges, garlic, yeast, eggs and some other minor things. You know, these are the things that are the staples of our family meals. He was quite upset when I read them to him. He was looking forward to bread and milk again. We'll adjust I told him and by the time bread can be added on the Maker's Diet I'll figure out a kind he can have. A friend at AWANA tonight said that once you build up the immune system some allergies go away. I'm encouraged by that and will pray that we can do just that. His testing did say to retest in April of 2009 so it must be something you keep checking to see if anything changes. We don't go in for a consult on the test results until his stool sample comes back but she wanted me to be able to start eliminating these things :) Done that already!
I am confused about something else though. It said he was highly reactive to egg whites and moderately reactive to egg yolks. Is this raw eggs? On the Maker's Diet eating eggs is a big part of it since it is high protein. Well, he eats eggs for breakfast every morning and has been feeling really good and so much better than before the diet. I'm not sure what to make of this.
Thanks for any prayers you said on our behalf. We will be calling on the Lord much in the next few weeks for guidance and praise and strength. He had a really good day again!

No comments:
Post a Comment