Last week we were busy with all kinds of projects; planting tomatoes, then peppers, weeding most of the garden, planting watermelon and other vine crops. I made a run to town with Isaac for blood work so we ran to Menards to return some things and looked around. We bought some grape vines we thought were $4.49 each and they rang up for $2 each! :) I was pleased. My vines from last year didn't make it and we did up this nice fence for them. I hated for it to sit empty another year but grape vines from the catalog companies are nearly $15 each so needless to say, I was pleased with our find. The boys helped clear the patch and when we got done we had a clean, neat area. I put plastic down on one side of it for weed control. My tiller handle broke off this week!!!! I can hardly believe it but it's true and now I have to wait until we get the part ordered to keep up on the weeds. I had to turn the soil over on both sides of the fence by hand and we have two of these fences! :( It was a good day's work overall. After such physical work I always wonder how many more years I can do this. I start counting up how old I'll be if I quit or cut back when the kids are gone, but by then I'll have a lot of grandkids and they'll love eating Grandma's grapes and apples and raspberries and strawberry jam, etc. so I guess I'll be doing all this for awhile longer :)
We did finish getting the garden in Friday. Isaac and I tied up some peas today against the fence trying to push them up it to grab hold. I hope it works. One row of peas is blossoming today. My carrots did not come up and I planted two large wide rows of them. Strange!?! Should I replant or plant something else there? Unfortunately, I can't till the spot up until the tiller is fixed.
Kev runs into town for a doctor appointment to look at his finger. It's really hanging lately and not keeping the upward look of the other fingers. He's hoping for another splint. Isaac had some cramping today so please pray that everything is fine and that he will be healed!!!
We did finish getting the garden in Friday. Isaac and I tied up some peas today against the fence trying to push them up it to grab hold. I hope it works. One row of peas is blossoming today. My carrots did not come up and I planted two large wide rows of them. Strange!?! Should I replant or plant something else there? Unfortunately, I can't till the spot up until the tiller is fixed.
Kev runs into town for a doctor appointment to look at his finger. It's really hanging lately and not keeping the upward look of the other fingers. He's hoping for another splint. Isaac had some cramping today so please pray that everything is fine and that he will be healed!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment