courageous

banner

Friday, May 28, 2010

Hoping it will last...

Isaac is coming out of this flare it seems and is greatly improved. His bm's are much less often and we are not seeing blood, although it could be there, we just don't see it clearly. Please pray against the enemy to gain any foothold on this good turn.

Kevin went into the doctor yesterday because his splint was way too loose and not seeming to work to keep his finger up. The OT said if he takes it off at all he is letting the tendon on top fall down and it takes that much longer for it to heal. He has a new splint and he's not allowed to be without it for 6 weeks. He's really feeling it would have been easier to just take the finger off. He would be healed up by now and on with life. They are talking surgery again to repair the tendons and things in there. He sees a specialist sometime in July to discuss this. Another reason to be off with the thing according to Kevin. I see his point but still, it's nice to see his whole finger on him! :)

We are busy with outdoor projects. The kids did a great job of helping rake up the grass in the newly tilled garden area. Today, we cleaned it up and I tilled again. I am having trouble getting it workable. I planted some cucumbers and pole beans. My scavenger husband was at it again and brought home an antenna tower someone threw out. It will be a great pole bean tower. I'm hoping to train the cucumbers up the old spring from a crib we used to have. We are doing a major overhaul on our perennial garden. It used to be about 10' by 64' and is now about 8' by 48'. We took out all the plants, laid down a weed barrier and have transplanted the plants. Tomorrow, we hope to do the finishing touches; edging on the front, mulch, and boards along the back fence to keep the mulch in. I cannot stand weeding this year after year, up to 5 times a summer but I can't see trashing the whole thing either. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: