courageous

banner

Sunday, May 16, 2010

New life...

We are all watching the new babies. Emily was in the pen because Jane knows her because she milks her. Emily was toweling off the babies and helping them stand. She threw some extra straw in the pen for them since the one baby was slipping around on stuff.


The boy kid is the top one and the girl is in front. I think they named the boy Gadget. The dad goat is named Gizmo. We are still deciding on the girl. She'll either be from Pride and Prejudice or another Jane Austen movie. We are tossing around Kitty or MaryAnn.


We have two new babies at our house and they are adorable. I was out in the garden and I heard a baaa sound that sounded quite little. I went over to check on the girls and there was a baby all strong and fluffy and another one being born. Jane gave birth to twins; a boy and a girl. We were hoping for two girls so we could breed them both next year and then have two more to milk. The boy was born first and appears the strongest. It is a very exciting time for all the kids.

No comments: