courageous

banner

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Happy Birthday...

Lena is just way too cute. She was smiling for the camera. It gets cheesier each time she tries.
11 fingers being held up in the back over Caleb's head. Check out Moriah's smile, it looks a lot like Lena's in the above picture?!?

Caleb is now 11! He's a great kid who thanked me so many times for a great day. We invited two friends over and they had a treasure hunt that Isaac designed that ended in a sword fight for the treasure (several boxes of candy to be shared among them all). We had Chinese food per Caleb's request to have egg rolls so that helped me decide what the rest would be. They watched the movie Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. It was funny in parts. It is not a movie I would own. There were some little things thrown in that gave me pause, therefore I would not want to own it and have the kids watch it again and again. We have enjoyed reading the book by that title so wanted to check out what it was like. The kids sure laughed and laughed. We took the extra boys home and visited another hour and got home at nearly 1 a.m.! It was a good day.

I have been cleaning the house in anticipation of Jordan coming home. We started Thursday dusting, vacuuming, etc. Today, I decided to vacuum the whole basement. Kevin worked on the lawn mower and sprayer. I sure hope to get rid of these pesky dandelions. Every year we mean to do something and something else always happens. The story of our life. Well, got to go move the chicken tractor off my garden so I can till the ground if it isn't too wet. Jordan tells me the whole team has a few thousand pictures together from the trip. They hope to get it onto one disc. Come on over sometime to see it and let Jordan share. I talked to her a few minutes today and it sounds like they did some neat things. I could hear it in her voice that she liked what they did down there.

No comments: