courageous

banner

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Oh my...

Lions and tigers and lice, oh my... I guess that's not how it goes but that's our life right now. We got the call from friends that they had it and that we probably do too. I checked heads and found a live one in poor Rebekah. Four girls had their heads bathed in oil, wrapped in plastic wrap for three hours, washed in dish soap, washed in vinegar and then checked. Poor Rebekah, this time it was three live ones I found so she got oiled and plastic wrapped and bagged and put to bed that way and in the morning they were all dead. This morning I picked nits off three girls because I just can't find a single one on Moriah's head. I didn't before the oil and I didn't after or today but she sleeps with Rebekah sometimes so I thought we better take precautions. I'll keep checking and picking until they are all gone. We are taking some other measures by drying in a hot dryer all bedding each day. I didn't find any in the boys' hair or Kevin's or mine. I feel I have them but three times someone has checked me and can't find a one. I'm thinking of oiling tomorrow to just feel better.

There always seems to be some drama around here. Yesterday, Kevin was bummed because he lost a hubcap, Isaac came down with the fever and headache some other kids had, and we found we had lice. I was trying to get my garden produce put away but had to divert my attention to checking heads. Do you know how long it takes to check a girl's head whose hair goes way down to there :) A long, long time! The first day I did it more than once. Yesterday felt impossible and stressful but today was more manageable. I feel we got them and if we didn't we have a plan to keep on top of them. Please pray we did get them all eradicated. Life goes on!

Praise that Isaac is feeling much better today. His fever is gone. He's still gaining weight! Praise that God has given me the strength this week to handle all that's happened.

No comments: