Is it good to be home? I'm trying to sort that out. I came home exhausted from not much sleep to being responsible for 10 people again and not just a few. Meals at the hospital were fairly easy and I had about 1 load of laundry a day. Life is a little different here. I was feeling overwhelmed by it all on Saturday night. Thankfully, Jana brought us a meal so I didn't have to prepare that. Thank you! Today we are trying to achieve some sort of routine but still haven't gotten to school work. I am determined not to do anything else until each child has most of their list done.
Isaac is doing great! He is continuing to gain weight and feels fine. He feels really the same as when he went in with some minor things that are different. He is getting the "moon" face that you get from one of his drugs. Please continue praying for his healing and for the drugs to work well for him so that he doesn't have to switch. Pray for his body to absorb the nutrients from the foods he eats so that his body can be built up again with the things he has been missing. Pray for Kev and I as we feed him as healthy as we can.
God is so good. He keeps showing me others who have had ulcerative colitis and have not had a flare-up in over 20 years. Yesterday, in church the man behind us told me about his friend from college who has been free of it for 35 years and in the hospital we met a man who at the age of 20 had ulcerative colitis and dealt with it about 2 years and now has been 22 years free of it. Hope! God gives it to you when you least expect it :) I have to live day by day with what we have now though and pray that someday those stories will be Isaac's and he will be able to give hope to someone else.

No comments:
Post a Comment