Isaac had an MRI this morning to look at his small intestine. The preliminary look is clear. Tonight all the labs should be in and we should have a consult with all the doctors on what's the next step. Isaac is doing well but not liking his food yet. I'm keeping it juicing and soft foods and by supper he can have a chicken breast with soft cooked veggies. The dietitian was OK with it but wants to see substantially more calories and more fat choices. I know I'm a little strong headed about things but I don't want to push it when his colon is so bad. Their thinking is that his small intestine is clear and he'll digest it before it gets there. I'd rather treat him like he has just had surgery which he did in a way with biopsies being taken. We just need to come home to cook for him. The kitchen here is so limited, no knives, no real silverware, no pan smaller than a large stock pot. We are roughing it! :) I'd make him soups and all kinds of good food at home.
Pray for wisdom and that I'll know when to give in and when to stand my ground.
Pray for wisdom in the doctors treatment plan, that it would be the best thing for Isaac long term and that he will respond to it well.
I'm not doing well today emotionally. No sleep is probably why. It is getting to be trying being here; so expensive and so long from the other kids and so much unknown left ahead of us.
Pray for Shawn who is 9 years old and has been doctoring here since he was 1 year old and his second kidney transplant is giving him troubles. His mother is a strong Christian woman who gave me some encouragement. She said they went through a real hard time about two years ago when he had cancer and they made it through when she didn't think they would.
Also, met a home school mom of 6 here with her baby who swallowed a plastic sticky note and had surgery to remove it last night. He's going home today though. She was fun to talk to.

No comments:
Post a Comment