I have let Isaac go off the GAPS diet and he loves it of course. I'm having panic attacks about it every now and then. He ate a HOT DOG yesterday!!!! It was at the AWANA dinner and I hadn't planned for the eventuality that there would be hot dogs at the dinner. You know the verse about if you know what to do and you do not do it then it is sin. I feel like it is a sin to let him eat this way. I went online today looking up information on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet which follows the GAPS diet pretty closely and after reading the stories of success healing his exact disease I feel I need to regroup here and make a plan. While he is on the highest dose of prednisone we are letting him have a little fun. He really loves food, who doesn't really and it is nice for him to be so happy but if it is making hamburger of his intestines then I can't in good conscience keep it up. I need some time (don't have any) to make a plan and work out some menus that are high fat and high calorie on the diet. He is gaining weight and we need to keep that up.
Please pray for direction on the food issue. If God would heal him completely before I start the diet I would be so thankful and praising Him but I know that may not be His plan yet so I need help deciding what exactly is the very best for Isaac. I tend to get it all mixed up with what I think the very best for me is and of course that is healed completely so I don't have to change my life too much. We are all born thinking of ourselves. If anyone knows of someone who was healed naturally from Ulcerative Colitis send them my way. I'd love to talk to someone else who had this (past tense had).

No comments:
Post a Comment