courageous

banner

Friday, April 17, 2009

Sticks and stones...

Remember the old rhyme about sticks and stones can break your bones but words can never hurt me. Don't you just wish this was true? I am just stewing about something I heard about us on Wednesday night and I am not letting it go. Today, while I was wondering what to read, I grabbed a Bible and read Proverbs 17. (A long time ago a friend told me she reads the Proverbs for the date of the month since there are 31 Proverbs.) Well, it spoke to me today. "The beginning of strife is like releasing water; therefore stop contention before a quarrel starts." "A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity." "A merry heart does good, like medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones." "He who has knowledge spares his words, and a man of understanding is of a calm spirit. Even a fool is counted wise when he holds his peace," You see I would like to be confrontational but the Lord knows what will become of me then. I am justified too but I know what the right thing to do is and that is to be QUIET. Lord, help me to seek you and your will for my life.

On a happier note, Isaac is looking much perkier lately and it is apparent he is absorbing his nutrients! He's eating chicken and carrot stir fry and finished most of his school. The others all went outside so we are going to be finishing his math together and doing some test prep. He has to test this year, too bad for him having to do it on the year he has had the most challenges but I am positive he'll do fine. Jordan and Emily test this year too. When it rains it pours they say. (Only say that because it costs $25 per child and I heard it went up to $35 this year.) We have a possibility of a 15 passenger van so please pray for this situation. We need to give the van we are borrowing back soon so getting a van would be almost necessary. With Isaac feeling better it would be nice for us to quit taking turns going places also. Three people always have to stay home. I'm thankful for this sun and the nice weather, the children needed to get outside. Have a wonderful week.

No comments: