...Jane, Lizzie, Georgiana and Gizmo. We are now goat owners. Anyone know where we named the girls from. My favorite movie ever! Wow! I just love that movie. Anyway, I deviate from my post. Gizmo is the baby buck we got that Emily is holding in the picture. The three girls are all three ready to be milked. We had hoped to get goats last summer but I was pregnant and Kevin was always working so it didn't work out. Now, goat's milk is a bit of a necessity so here we go. I'll be making Isaac some yogurt tomorrow afternoon with it and he can try it on Monday. We'll go real slow to see if he has a reaction. We won't be drinking the milk for quite awhile, just making yogurt out of it since milk isn't on the diet plan we are on. The kids are thrilled about goats and we learned a lot about them from the place we bought them so we are a bit excited too.
Even now at 11:20 p.m. Kevin is out securing the pen. We had a quick trip to Fleet Farm for tin last night and this morning Kevin was out adding to the shelter we already had and securing the gate. We went to pick them up today and to our surprise her fencing looks like ours and she had a gate and latch exactly like ours. Providence. God is always providing answers. This lady has a sustainable farming operation and we loved the place. They raise pasture fed organic beef, chickens, etc. She gave us lots of beef bones and oxtail for free so we are thankful for that. We bought some chickens since we ran out from last year. Nice to know they were raised without any junk and in an open environment. Come check out the goats anytime if you want a field trip. Call and I'll let you know when we'll be milking.

No comments:
Post a Comment