With the good you have to take the not so good. Isaac wasn't feeling good all last week and this weekend. He was nauseous, had headaches and flu-like symptoms. Friday, I took a look online for parasite die-off and that was what was listed for the symptoms of it. Friday, Kevin also put one of the little buggers (parasites) in a jar of alcohol and water. It has tentacle like legs hanging down and a tail and we saw lots of them pass out of Isaac in the last two weeks. At first we thought they were banana pieces with the black stuff on them but they consistently look the same and they don't feel like a banana, besides Isaac eats only smashed banana. This is very encouraging news but like I said in the title some good (getting rid of parasites) with the bad (his not feeling good). The doctor we are seeing said the big ones will be last because they are the strongest and hang on the best. We are praying that these the last week were the biggest and the last. Online it also says that parasites can be the cause of why people get sick like Isaac. It is possible but we will never know for sure why Isaac got this sick.
Today, Isaac is tired but eating quite a lot more than the last few days. I made him some homemade gelatin since the other stuff has dyes and sugar in it. It was easy and tastes pretty good. I don't make jello often but I believe I'll try this as an alternative. I made it with pure 100% grape juice and he liked it. We can only give him a bite and then wait to see if he has a reaction. Saturday morning I tried dry curd cottage cheese and an hour later he had some hives on his arm. Next week, I'll try it again and see if we get the same reaction and then we'll know if he can have it or not. The cottage cheese is so rich in protein and has hardly any lactose which he can't digest right now. I am praying to be able to keep adding new foods.
Our doctor is so encouraged by everything that is happening and that helps. Please continue praying that we are seeing the last of the parasites. Pray for Isaac's body to heal and for strength for all of us. This has been long and can be so wearying. Thank you!

1 comment:
Oh, that's so good to hear. Praise God!
I'm continuing keeping y'all in my prayers.
love ya,
havi
Post a Comment