I hesitate to say it but we are having a relatively good day. It seems whenever I say we are having a better day it goes downhill after that. I don't believe in bad luck so I will say we are seeing some good things. Isaac has had less bowel movements, less cramping and looks pretty good. His color has gotten better now that I'm am really pushing fluids. He's flushing more toxins. He has not napped today, not normal for him. The thrush hasn't cleared yet but I discovered yeast infections #1 natural food enemy is apple cider vinegar so he's gargled twice today with it and swallowed some. Chewing on the #4 enemy, garlic, is not an option for him. He would not appreciate it at all. The #2 and #3 were things I don't have. I found these online in case you are wondering what I'm talking about. I looked up if thrush is contagious and happened upon a site I can appreciate. It talked you through a natural approach to it. Natural versus medical equals about the same amount of time in recovery.
Yesterday started out extremely busy and by afternoon I was experiencing some burn-out. I get weary from the constant care required in getting Isaac well. Don't mistake that for complaining, I just get tired! I get weary from seeing such baby steps to wellness for him. I am encouraged by the things we see but sometimes want a giant leap just once in awhile. I am taking a vacation from his care but I know I won't take a vacation from thinking of it. I am taking my oldest two girls and the baby and going to the Home school Convention on Saturday. I'm a little sad because the used book sale is tonight and the convention starts tomorrow and I'm going to miss it. Normally, Kevin would take the day off and we would go together one day or the whole time or he'd watch the kids and I'd go. It is such a wonderful weekend of encouragement and just plain talking to all the people I know. That is it actually. I like to talk!! My seven year old wants to come but I told her I'll be talking to people a lot and you'll have to stand there being quiet every time! :) I don't think she or I would like it. I am looking forward to the break. Keep Kevin in your prayers as he holds down the fort.

No comments:
Post a Comment