courageous

banner

Thursday, December 4, 2008

We saw the specialist...

Hi, what a long day. I ended up with a migraine before we got to the specialist's office so that was a downer for me. Good news is the check he did of Isaac's lower part didn't show anything wrong. It was all clear. His bowel movements are normal looking now and mean that his systems are working right. He was most concerned about the low iron (anemia). He really wants to get that up to a higher level faster than it is going. They did double the amount of the iron in the infusion today. His hemoglobin was 6.1. Last time it was 5.6. He wants to do endoscopy and a colonoscopy when his hemoglobin is up higher. He has to be put under for those and needs to be in better health to handle it. Thanks for checking in on us. Pray for these infusions to work on Isaac as it is a more natural way to raise your iron. If these last three don't increase him a lot more he'll go in for a blood transfusion. Our doctor seemed to be trying to avoid that. I need to feed him a more iron-rich diet, which he was with the Maker's diet so at least we have a head start on that. I'll be researching some different iron-rich foods.

Pray for Jordan, who has come down with fever, chills and sore throat.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Oh man! You guys just keep having troubles. I feel for you. It's like reading Job's blog! It must be so scary for you to be going through all this with Isaac (and the regular illnesses with the rest of the family). So reassuring when you get good news, so frustrating when the news is inconclusive. You must just want your regular old life back. Hang in there. It's so hard right now, but soon you will all be well again!

Anonymous said...

malt-o-meal :) preferably Chocolate. I have had many of the same issue that Issac is having. Mine seems to be related to corn but still comes and goes without any rhyme or reason. Not much help I know. I will pray that his hemoglobin will go up with the iron and there will be no further bleeding. Blessings dear as you deal with all {{{:)}}}}}