I packed up all the children and took them in to have a strep culture. I suspected three more kids had come done with my strep throat. This is the thing though, I was planning on leaving Bekah at home with Jordan and only one kid tested positive for strep and you guessed it, it was Bekah. She's now isolated for today, until she is on antibiotic #14 for 24 hours. I had wanted them just to put us all on antibiotics because this is stressing me out trying to keep them separated, hands washed, don't touch anything, etc. The doctor wanted to only give antibiotics for a positive test, so everyone had to be in close quarters with the sick kid in the van, sit in a waiting room with possibly 20 other sick people and go in a small room with the sick kid!!! :O I could have screamed for the stress of it all! I keep praying for protection from the strep for the other members of the family and anything else that we could have picked up at the clinic. The parking lots were completely full. I had to go to a different parking lot than the clinic one. That tells me a lot of people are sick right now. Should that make me feel better? :)
My husband is taking this all like a rock. He is so sick but he's at work. He's missed so many days taking Isaac in and helping me when I was sick that he really doesn't feel he can take any more days off right now. The coughing at night has slowed way down with the children so we are thankful again for that.
I hate to continue on the "sick" saga but this is my life. Christmas is coming, the kids are getting excited and I pray it lives up to their expectations. Spending time with family will be a welcome after all this time spent at home.

1 comment:
I AM JUST CATCHING UP HERE... my you have been through alot lately. I am glad your son is doing better. We will be praying. It seems like so many people are under attack right now.
Post a Comment