another dose of antibiotic. This time it is for Jordan who has a raging case of strep throat. We haven't had that before now. Jordan has only left the house (except for Thanksgiving) once in a whole month and she gets strep throat from it!!!! Wow! She first came in my room this morning and said her neck hurt. I was awake fast. She saw the "look" on my face and asked "what"? I'm thinking fast and say "nothing, just thinking" (Just thinking meningitis, sore throat, fever, neck ache). Well, it wasn't thankfully. My mom came and got 4 kids. Em stayed with Rebekah (couldn't think of having her hold down the fort two days in a row). Now what???? Will anyone else get it from her, have they already gotten it???? I don't know what is happening in my house!!!!!
The pharmacist recognized me from the 11 other prescriptions for antibiotics and three for cough syrup and asked "How is it going?" Wrong question, wrong time. I started bawling. I was mortified of course. I asked how catchy is this, like in the same room catchy? Maybe not, if the person washed their hands, no sharing utensils, cups, etc. Jordan thankfully said she had been washing her hands a lot. Please, dear Lord protect the rest of the children from this. This is Jordan's second round of antibiotics. I pray it works well for her. I have her sequestered in the basement watching movies (Jane Eyre).
Positive note: When I said Isaac could go to Grandma's he jumped up and down. He hasn't jumped or ran or even walked fast in a long time :)
Thanks again Aimee. I was checking labels today for some good iron-fortified foods for him. Doctor told him yesterday to eat anything he wants whenever he wants! (wants him to gain some weight) I let him have some high calorie foods (ie. a shake) and he threw it up. After he had a hotdish last night his stomach hurt like it hasn't for awhile. I guess the diet he was on, was working so I'm not going to quite let him eat anything he wants. The doctor says there is no such thing as junk food, all food has some value. Well, when your kid gets physically sick to much of what's out there, I'd say not all food has some value for all people. We'll have to respectfully disagree since he's not here with me cleaning up after him :)

1 comment:
Oh I am so sorry to hear this and we will certainly keep lifting you up in prayer.
For the strep, remember my kids had a round (or 3!) of that last spring and we finally licked it by mega-dosing vitamin C (ask me how if I haven't told you already) and probiotics (Activia once a day...I know it's expensive) plus the powdered probiotics.
(((((((HUGS))))))))
Post a Comment