Psalms 68:6 "God sets the solitary in families:" Our family is planning on adopting. We believe God to be guiding us to this and wish to enlist prayer warriors to pray for God to "do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us." Ephesians 3:20
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Interesting Cell Phone Call
First of all this morning I got a call at home from birth mom's case worker. She was on her way to pick up birth mom and wanted to know if after the doctor visit they could call me for a conference call. I was going to be at the pool for lessons so I gave her my cell number hoping the thing would work there. I drove real fast to assure I wouldn't get her call in the dead zone on the Colfax road and then waited and waited for the call. I was so nervous, what was I going to say? I called our social worker to tell her about it and ask for suggestions. Anyway, I got the call and my end of the phone was echoing me so I always thought I was interrupting them but I really wasn't so it didn't go as well as I would have liked. According to the conversation she is due Aug. 13 (I thought Aug 18) (minor detail) and she is hoping to be induced Aug. 6th. Wow! That puts it real close to when I could fly so I am wondering what will happen here. I asked if she would write down her birth story so I would have it for his baby book and she seemed to like that. She wanted that we would be there and he wouldn't go into a caring facility so I was able to tell her that was what we wanted. The hospital is not adoption friendly because of some bad experiences. We can go there and visit with birth mom and see baby if she has him in her room but we cannot hold him!!!! Birth mom does want to meet us so I really hope I can get down there on time for that to be convenient for her. I am thinking of getting her a gift, like a locket or some small token from us. Anyone else do something like this? Most of the talking was the case worker and me. Birth mom was quiet but case worker assured me she was quite pleased with the chance to talk to me and hopefully will again. An ultrasound today showed the baby to be about 4 lbs 6 oz. I know that could be off but I love the details. I'll have to fill in his baby book this date and that figure for some fact about him. I love to fill in baby books with as much detail as I can the first few months because chances are that's all they will get and then we get their book out on their birthday and read about their first few days. It was very exciting even though the call was spotty with their being in a drive-thru also getting food. I am thankful for that time with her. God is so good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
How wonderful! Praying for you!
Post a Comment