Psalms 68:6 "God sets the solitary in families:" Our family is planning on adopting. We believe God to be guiding us to this and wish to enlist prayer warriors to pray for God to "do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us." Ephesians 3:20
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Another call from the caseworker and birth mom!
I am sitting in a chair at Great Clips getting my hair fixed from my last hair cut there as there was this little piece that hung down and looked lopsided. Anyway, my cell phone rings and I check thinking it was Emily who was at home with a sick kid. It was the caseworker and birth mom and here I am being rude to the stylist. I left the shop and talked to them outside. This time there was an echo on their end of the phone. I am so bummed about that. It really makes the conversation so choppy and broken and uncomfortable. But, I am always encouraged when she calls. Birth mom is having trouble sleeping, showing no signs of labor at this point and she picked out a name she wanted to share with me. The caseworker assured me that birth mom understands we'll have our own name for him but wanted to let me know the name she picked out and wanted to know if we had any idea what we might name him. The caseworker loved the name I said but it is very different than birth mom's and it makes me nervous that she will think she doesn't want him named what we picked. I really like birth mom's name as a middle name and will use it as that. I just hate to make her feel bad. I feel bad that she might feel bad sort of thing. She is not scheduled for an inducement at this time. She will go in for another appointment next Wednesday the 6th and the doctor will check her cervix and such and then decide what to do from there. Please be in prayer for birth mom and the variety of emotions she must be going through and for her body to be getting ready for this birth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I would have left the salon too!
I think using her name choice as the middle name is very nice. It shows you want to honor her as well. You can talk to the caseworker some more to see if this will name issue will be really hard for her if you don't use it as his first name. I understand the not wanting her to feel hurt.
We'll be praying for her. It is great that they are keeping in such good contact with you. That is such a great thing!
Post a Comment