courageous

banner

Friday, June 27, 2008

Anything cuter than baby clothes...

Well, maybe a baby:) We washed a bunch of baby boy clothes today and it is fun looking them over and remembering my first born boy in an outfit and finding my favorite sleeper when Gideon was a baby. We had to throw half the bucket away because of horrible stains. I didn't attempt to wash them all out. I think they were there for the last boy but not so bad then. I thought we would need onesies because I threw them all away but then Emily found a pile of them from some giving person at church. Also, God is so good. I was just thinking this week about needing another car seat and someone called and offered us theirs that was used only for one child. What a blessing! We have two now, since the one I used for the last child was only used for her too.

I called the agency in Georgia today and had a wonderful conversation with the director of the agency there. Wonderful person with a great accent. I had a couple questions about the birth and do we have any say in anything? We don't really but the case worker can tell our preferences and if it is an adoption friendly hospital they may honor our requests. Why I wonder wouldn't a hospital be adoption friendly? She said it is common. Hmmm? We may not be able to pick him up at the hospital if it isn't because they won't allow us there! I didn't think of that. But, she wasn't concerned, said we'll just meet somewhere close by when the baby is released. She did say a common thing was for the baby to enter a care home until the 10 day wait period it up and then we go get him but no way!!!! That is not an option for us. We need him to bond to his family. I guess it is in case you don't get to leave with him if the mom changes her mind in that 10 days and for expense reasons.

www.queenofmany.blogspot.com made it official in her home and finalized the adoption of her two boys. We are happy for her family and for those blessed boys to find a home like this. Praise God for raising up the workers in the field.

1 comment:

Little Patch of Heaven said...

What a great thing. I hope all goes well for you.