courageous

banner

Monday, June 9, 2008

More gardening


Jordan has decided to outline the walking paths in her herb garden with rocks. She needs a few more herbs. Not every garden store has a large variety so we have to check out different places. It looks quite neat. Towards the back she has Canna and Gladiola bulbs just starting to come up. I planted about 40 more of those bulbs in various gardens today so they are finally all planted. We got our bush beans planted today too. Just in time for another rain shower. I was mowing off my dandelions again when it hit. I am kind of a fanatic about those things. The spray we have didn't work so every two days I have this crop of just dandelions sometimes with no heads, lots of seeds though. I am not liking it. I like to work in my gardens with a nice mowed yard!:) Probably not a good thing to obsess about but there it is.


I have had a few ups and downs with feeling well. Yesterday, I was extremely tired and then got so emotional and felt like crying and then it was gone and I can't really explain why I felt that way. I'll have to think it was hormonal. I probably haven't eaten the very best that I could although I do eat mostly veggies and protein foods. I let myself have three bites of apple crisp last night but that was way after I wasn't feeling good. I have been snitching a spoon of peanut butter with a few chocolate chips on it some days. Not everyday and not very much, just something to stave off the sweet cravings. I rarely eat any sweets. We went to an anniversary and I had not one drop of punch, root beer from the keg or cake. Not even a taste! It was hard not to drink the punch. Mostly, I feel tired and worn out but I do usually have some energy each day to do something. I actually made breakfast today, Jordan has been getting up before 7:30 a.m. and making things like apple muffins, cornbread, banana bread, etc for the kids. I try not to eat anymore than a bite or two. Bless her though for being so thoughtful and helpful.

No comments: