First of all, we have an amazing God! I am constantly amazed at His working in our life! A friend who is interested in adopting called me this morning to ask questions about the home study. She has 4 girls and I told her about the process and the wait and (many more things before this but) how we were warned that with more than 1 child many birth moms won't look at your profile but then I said but that doesn't really matter since God is in control and he'll make it happen when it is in His plan. I think that is what makes this whole insane process bearable. I am not in control! 20 minutes later our social worker at our adoption agency calls me with a strange "story". It seems when we called to say we were pregnant they had called in all of our profile books that were sent to some agencies around the United States but one was missed. A birth mom saw our profile recently and picked us!!! Yes, you read that correctly! She picked us! The downside at the moment was that they didn't know we were pregnant. I was really walking on air all day just because she picked us. She specifically liked our big family. So Lindsey called the agency and told them about our pregnancy, they called the birth mom and she still wants us! Wow! Our family is just so excited. She is due 12 days before my due date so things could get tricky around that time traveling and what if I was early and she was late, etc, etc. Right now none of that matters. God is so amazing and it will work out accordingly. Most of you are aware that it isn't final anyway until the baby is born, in our arms 10 days later on our way home but we won't dwell on that right now either. I had been hoping and praying some for a baby placement a month or two or three after our baby was born so I could nurse both and now it may still be possible. Please just pray for God's working in this and for His glory to be seen and for other's to be encouraged by this. I just want everyone who has a heart for it, to adopt! It will be pretty quiet now until we hear news of labor, (in more ways than one).
For that profile to still be out there and for her to pick us out for a particular reason is nothing short of a miracle to me! Praise be to God!
Oh, it's a boy!

8 comments:
WHHOPPPPIIEEEE!!!! As I was reading your story and you said she was due two weeks before you I immediately thought, "She wanted to breast feed an adoptive baby with her own." You then went on to say the very same thing. I KNOW that God is a God of miracles and He knew this was a desire of your heart!!
I am praying it all falls into place for you. How simply amazing. How simply like GOD!!!!
When are you due?
Blessings, Justine
Waiting for Medical for Mesai 4 1/2 and Gadisae 3 1/2
http://sixboysandalittlelady.blogspot.com
God is good! I am keeping on praying for you and now for this birth mother. There is a family in my school that is going through the home visits to adopt a 10-year old girl -- and they have six kids already-- so I share your stories with them, and let them know God is placing children in godly families!
HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My favorite part was when your dd called last night to tell us the news...then she said, "she picked us for our size!" I LOVE IT!!!!!
One thing I know is God is a God of modern day miracles. He is in the very details of our lives. He knew the desire of your heart to nurse your adopted baby. We will keep praying for this precious birth mom, the baby BOY, and for your family...oh and your pregnancy too! I can't wait to see the glory of God displayed in your lives through this journey!
WOW WOW WOW. What an amazing story!!!!!! God is SO cool to have this all happen!!! Welcome to life with twins!!!!
I'm so happy for you. I've been checking out your blog through Laura's and we're working with God's Children as well. In fact we've received a referral and are waiting. However, at a family wedding last week, one of my husband's cousins (Tina Borg) mentioned that she knew you. It's such a small world.
Shonna
HURRAY!!!!! Oh wow that is so exciting! I was so happy to read this post!!! Sorry I haven't been commenting lately,I had a pregnant sixteen year old living with us-and then my laptop had to go into the doc...anyway I just praise God for your wonderful news! I love how He works! Praying for everyone and the whole situation that everything would work out!
Blessings
Erin
WOW! ..... rejoicing with you here! :) ~Shelly
Thanks everyone!
Post a Comment