courageous

banner

Sunday, October 14, 2007

What do the kids think of me?

I did the Queen's little test on the kids, asking to describe me in two words (or I asked them to say two things about me). I tried not to give ideas. Son 2 said I was nice after a big hug. He's the one I had a not so great encounter with recently. So I was surprised. Son 1 said I was nice and made good food. Daughter 2 said I was fun and could laugh when someone was doing something they shouldn't be. (Fun???? I would not use that word with me!) Daughter 1 said I picked out her schoolwork. Translated means: I pick just the things she likes and I know her well enough to do that. She decided the word for it was "mom". The little ones weren't around but Moriah told me the other day after I wouldn't let her touch me with pink clothes on (joking around) that I was funny and she "hiked" me. She puts "h"s in front of a lot of words. So the word she used was liked.

Jordan also said it was cool how I knew what color folder they would pick. I bought several three-ring binders and I guessed what color they would each pick. I told Jordan and then called the other's in to pick the color they wanted and I got them 100% correct. I loved it. I love knowing my kids so well and them appreciating I know them so well. Isn't that a little glimpse on how the Lord knows us so well? Isn't it well and good that mother's should embrace this? We should let our husbands be oblivious of the hundred and one details of our day and the children and let him have the role God gave him and we have ours? After all:

He created them male and female, and blessed them. Genesis 5:2

PS. Aimee or Justine, if you are out there, I have tried two days in a row to leave a comment on your blog and it won't let me on it. Maybe it is the time of the day I do it. Anyway, Aimee, I thought it funny your question of the week was What is your favorite season? Saturday as we were cleaning up the yard Kev and I commented on how we love this season. We like Spring and Fall. Kevin said we look forward to a holiday or a vacation but we look forward to Spring and Fall. The whole season is looked upon with favor! Justine I love the figurine of the two girls. Precious. I would look upon them everyday with all the longing in my heart God has given me for adopting children that look just like them. How absolutely precious.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know fall is my favortie too. I think it is a prelude to glory. I will be praying for the little person God has for you family.
Aimee

Is Eight Enough? said...

Stephanie,

Odd that it wouldnt let you post! That is weird because it is certainly letting unkind posters, post! LOL! What message does it give you?

Justine