courageous

banner

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Mom's Night Out

Last night was actually mom's night out for the homeschool mom's in the Wahpeton area. I wasn't able to make it. Jordan had an orthodondist appt. in Fargo and we did various other things and on the way home it hit me that I needed to leave right then to make it on time. Well, I had 20 minutes more to get home, unload van and kids and get supper started. I just couldn't do it after such a long day. The kids were bummed. I guess they thought I needed the night off or they wanted me gone for awhile so they could manipulate dad into doing whatever they wanted!!!!! Tonight I ended up outside. It was a beautiful day and I was cleaning up the rest of the garden. I come in the house and it hits me that Jordan has drama at 7 p.m. and I am pretty sure that at 20 to 7 we are not going to make it since I think it is an hour away. It was only the first night, let's figure out what we are doing meeting. But Jordan tells me she wants to be there because she said she would be. That's called responsibility:) So we went and after the meeting I stayed for quite awhile visiting with the mom and boy did it turn into some great talking and God used some of the topics to open my eyes to some sin in my life. I am so glad I still got my "mom's night out". It was a blessing and I pray God will keep using what he revealed to me to help me in my daily walk with Him. Praise Him for the hope he gives us and for His continual forgiveness of me a sinner.

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

No comments: