I've been thinking hard about our options at this point in the adoption process. We could pass immigration services but it might be tight squeeze through. We might get part way through a dossier in a country to find they don't take families as big as ours anymore. I'm not giving up. I know it sounds that way. I am wondering if we should be turning in a different direction, like domestic infant adoption of a bi-racial baby. I didn't think there was much of a need for that and we've had many children of our own so I didn't give it much consideration. I really thought older kids and a sibling group was where we would best serve the Lord and meet the needs of an orphan. Now that we have seen it could be a challenge we are seriously thinking we should look into an infant adoption. (I am up for a challenge, believe me.) I'm trying to sort out the direction God would have us go with this.
This is our other thoughts on this family size thing. What if we adopted an infant now, if possible and when a few kids left the house we would meet the income requirements and the family size for an international adoption. Maybe our children should be older and God is showing us to just wait, not stop. These are just all the things I am thinking about. Please pray for clarity on what we should do? He has given us the desire and it hasn't gone away. We have been so blessed during this process already. God has turned our hearts toward our children here and given us insight and understanding on their needs and given us tools during this process to meet those needs. He has given us such a network of believers who have followed His word to lift up your brother in prayer. God Bless You.
Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.....Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass. Psalm 37:3,5

2 comments:
Hi Guys! ... praying that God will show you His perfect plan for your family. We are thrilled with our agency ... they work with both international and domestic. If you'd like info, just email us @ robertsfamily@mlgc.com. They might have some good insights for you.
I know a really, really good social worker that has a big need for families to adopt AA or bi-racial babies!!!! ;)
Post a Comment