First Picture: 50 of the 75 jars of applesauce.
Second Picture: Just the start of everyone in line for supper.
There are about 50 or more people playing
football and milling around at our weekend
There are about 50 or more people playing
football and milling around at our weekend
at the Cutler's in South Dakota.
I tried to post last week but my computer connection is so slow sometimes!!! I was downloading pictures of our applesauce making day. I'll put them on anyway even though it was a week ago. The girls and I and a couple of the boys made applesauce from 8:30 a.m until 1 a.m. when Kevin and I finished the clean up. I have to say I didn't feel very good afterwards. It was probably too much but I hadn't canned in so long I needed to catch up. We did 75 quarts in one day. I couldn't believe it actually. It was amazing. I am about out of quart jars and need to do a couple hundred more quarts of applesauce, carrots and stewed veggies, so, if you know anyone who has jars to get rid of.......
I am feeling amazingly well, quite like normal. I had a hard time passing everything but once I did I have felt great. I would like a bit more sleep but that is what it is. One night we got five interruptions and then we went camping a couple nights later. Any mom's out there who don't really sleep when they go camping?!? We camped just one night but were there two whole days. Just the place I needed to be. I started thinking I couldn't handle being around people and I should hole up in my house and clean or something but I am so glad I went. It was a huge yearly home school gathering put on by a family in South Dakota. Some there knew of the miscarriage and most found out through conversation. Most of the 2-3 dozen women there have been through it and were so supportive. We also got tons of support to go ahead with the adoption. Many people there are considering it too and one was in the process but Guatemala has closed their doors and this family isn't sure how to proceed. Please pray for the Englehart family as they deal with the heartache of this process. The kids got dirty(boys were sliding down a steep dirt hill), rode horse, played games, ate lots of good food, bobbed for apples, had a pie contest, corn eating contest, Cowboy show with a family from South Dakota who put on shows with roping, whips and music and more, a couple hayrides. The kids were worn out. They slept in yesterday but we did manage to get school in. They are just rousing now at 10 a.m.
OK, on to what this blog is for. I called USCIS, Immigration Services and after many buttons pushed on the phone to find where I needed to be, wow, do they have options. I was even disconnected once after explaining what I wanted to know. I found someone and he said we could count assets in our home or bank accounts toward our income requirements. We should qualify now but I am wondering if I need to have the house appraised to show the actual equity. It has been six years. Six years ago it cost $350 to have done. These surprise costs always get me. I was told we go ahead and fill out the I-600 form, make an appointment with an immigrations services worker and they will go through the qualifications then. I just want to find out before we progress too far. The cost of processing the I-600 is $800, I think.
Thank you again for the prayers. I just know that God has heard and helped me deal with everything and to feel so good.
We must understand that we are stewards (managers) of all that God has put under our care. We are not owners. Our lives, our time, and our assets are gifts from God. We are responsible to God for them, and He will hold us accountable. Found throughout the verses in Matthew 25:14-30 Taken from the Billy Graham Christian Worker's handbook.

No comments:
Post a Comment