courageous

banner

Thursday, October 11, 2007

New Glasses



I had one of those days yesterday. Some of it might relate to the adoption:) We had planned a big day in Fargo but this got borderline crazy!!!!!! First, I didn't get out of bed until 9:17 a.m. I wanted to leave at 9 a.m. Oops, didn't make it. Checked email for any word on what to do next for adoption. Replied to a friend's email, picked up her girls to go skating with us. Chick food at Fleet Farm, McDonald's (the kids were going to eat while Rebekah got a hair cut but the line was soooo long so no haircut), Skateland for an hour and half of skating and visiting, after we were taking two other kids, then not taking them until later, OfficeMax for sticky tack (they have the good stuff), Wal-mart for Jordan's glasses (see picture), Sam's Club for sugar and flour, Menard's for a gallon of paint (hooray the laundry room will get painted after one year), Great Clips for Rebekah and Emily's haircuts (we needed to give our ears a break from hearing one of them SCREAM everytime we brushed her hair), two extra kids went with their mom, two other kids got in with mine, back to Sam's Club to drop Rebekah off with friends, Wal-mart to pick up photo CD I had in one hour plus needed to exchange something I bought Kev for his birthday but it didn't work, Best Buy for printer ink (had a coupon or else would have done it at OfficeMax), Little Caesers's for two hot and ready pizzas, Mrs. Jones to eat the pizza (too bad she wasn't home), ate in the van, dropped two bunnies off outside of Kent, Mn, picked up two girls for AWANA, went to AWANA, went home!!!! I'm alive but did go to the chiropractor today for having a lot of things out of place!:)

Now about the kind of related to the adoption story! I think Rebekah may have gotten her hair trimmed in a salon once but she was three. I've been trimming it. Well, everytime she heard the stylist ask Emily a question she broke into talk with her stylist, even though her stylist didn't ask a single question:) She told her everyone in the family from oldest to youngest, then she says my mom was having a baby but it died and then my mom had another baby die. Rebekah then says, "We are going to adopt a baby boy.......I think. We don't know what it is. We were going to adopt two families from Ethiopia (correctly said). The one family was three girls, one was 5 but I don't know the other's ages, the other family has a 4 year old girl and two boys." Her words. Then she told how Caleb was the middle child and that he thinks he can get away with things because he is. Do I need to keep an eye on her or what. She will just say anything that comes to mind!

Proverbs 10:19 In the multitude of words sin is not lacking, but he who restrains his lips is wise.

A wise verse for anyone, mayhap she gets her loose lips from her mother?!?


3 comments:

Lulu said...

Ohhhh...the haircuts look GREAT!

That Rebekah...I can just hear her. Funny girl.

Did you mean to say "maybe" or "perhaps" or is mayhap a fancy word my simple mind hasn't picked up yet?!? :) Love to give you a hard time...

I saw Jordan's glasses and told her how much we liked them...great choice Jordan.

Anonymous said...

Wow you are I wonder woman. You inspire me. I mean that. I think i will have my Laura memorize that verse, Oh how the stories flow from that girls mouth!!!
I pray you have a more peaceful day today.
Aimee

Anonymous said...

That was "you are A wonder woman"