The vote is in from all the family members. Yes, we should adopt a baby from the U.S. The boys said it has to be a boy and the littlest girl wants a girl, the next littlest girl wants a boy and a girl and everyone else just wants a baby, no preference. After discussing the baby probably isn't born yet, the boys accepted it might be a girl. Oh, this will be so wonderful. We are praying God will open the doors if this is where he wants us to go
I went to church yesterday, first time since I discovered at church that I was miscarrying. Not that I associate it with this bad memory but it was still fresh. During the service again the congregation was asked if they had anything good happen they wanted to share. Well, I stood up to tell how last time we thought we were adopting three girls and pregnant and were so happy and now none of that is true and that we are able to still praise God for His awesome care of us. I just wanted to share that I don't just praise Him when I am happy and things are going my way. Well, someone else stood at the same time and she went first, then another person went and then another and I sat there thinking and chickening out. I really got too sad and couldn't talk when my name was called so I just shook my head no. By then I felt awkward because everyone was looking and wondering what was going on. After that I was just too overcome by emotion to talk to anyone at church because I was trying so hard not to cry. I guess I will have days like that. I feel good today and have canned tomato soup and grape jelly and now we are picking leaves to make leaf people with the little ones.
Praise Him in the morning, praise Him in the noon time, praise Him, praise Him, praise Him when the sun goes down. (part of a song I used to sing in Sunday School)

4 comments:
I was just telling my super-great social worker that I know a family, a really-great family, that might be interested in going this route. My really-super-great social worker will be so happy. She really needs families! :)
Oh...I just about started crying reading about your time at church. I know I would never have been able to do it.
Keep praising Him in this storm. He is so faithful and he knows your heart.
We are praying for you often.
All these babies around is gonna be mighty dangerous for me! :D
Stephanie,
I am sorry you felt so overwhelmed. God is in all this and He knows exactly where your baby is! I think the route you are taking is very exciting! We were told by a girl that adopted from Florida (a little black baby) that they have more black babies than they have adoptive families! That is so exciting for the ones that are hoping to adopt!
Praying for God's peace and direction for you!
Hey cool!! I just noticed your got your Blogs Link up! Neat! Did you figure it out or did my info help? Do you want more fun stuff or have you got it all pegged now? :o)
Post a Comment