We went to an Encouragement for the Home School Family Conference. We stayed at a hotel with a water park and the kids had a great time. We got there early Friday so they could swim and it was a good thing we got there when we did. We planned to stay two nights but there was a misunderstanding when I made the reservations. I thought we were getting a two room suite for a certain price and when we got there they had two two-room suites reserved for us because you are only allowed 6 people per 2 room suite. I have to say it was ridiculous. The room was huge!!!! We would have easily fit in the one suite but they would not bend and we had to pay for both but they did allow us to cancel the other night. It was a big disappointment because I made food for all our meals (crock pot meals) and had planned to spend last night swimming and just having a good time for two days.
The water slides were quite large and my kids just climbed the ladder and came down. I was amazed at how Gideon, Moriah and Rebekah went down them over and over. I was especially amazed after I went down the yellow one. I was terrified and do not plan to ever go down a water slide like that again!!!!!
The conference was wonderful and a huge encouragement to us all. Isaac said he wished he would have taken notes at the sessions he went to for young men. I pray my kids and husband and me remember what we learned and implement some changes to help our family become less "me" centered and more "Christ" centered. Check out their website at www.Titus2.com. They have some great materials. Kevin purchased some for our family to enjoy so as we finish each book or CD we could give a review of what we learned from it.

No comments:
Post a Comment