Psalms 68:6 "God sets the solitary in families:" Our family is planning on adopting. We believe God to be guiding us to this and wish to enlist prayer warriors to pray for God to "do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us." Ephesians 3:20
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Swimsuit search...
We started the swimsuit search about a month ago. Jordan and Emily both needed a new one. So, we narrowed it down to two choices that the girls would even consider and this is what they have. You might think that THAT isn't a swimsuit, but it is a swimsuit. I bought the pattern from a company in Canada, and the material from ebay. The material is 4-way stretch lycra made especially for swimsuits. They feel like swimsuits. I started cutting out the patterns Monday night and Jordan started sewing Emily's yesterday and finished it today plus started her own today and finished about 10:30 tonight. She made the leggings for them too out of black lycra swimsuit material. I think they are beautiful. Jordan is so talented. She sews so well for someone who has a mother who cannot sew a thing! I'm in awe of her talent. This was her first sewing project following a pattern. She's always made up the pattern for her other projects. I picked out a blue pattern identical to Jordan's suit for myself. We may try to get it sewed up tomorrow. We have need of swimsuits Friday night so it's nice the girls have something now. I don't usually swim when we go somewhere because I haven't had a suit for a few years now. It might be fun if I got to jump in with the kids and I won't be worried about my swimsuit looking low or showing too much flab in one of these! They were so cost effective especially since we bought the pattern. I bought 2 patterns: one size XS, S, M, L, and XL all in one and one for girls size 8,10,12,14. I plan to have Jordan make Riah and Bekah suits too. The older girls suits were about $70-80 cheaper each than buying the suit already made from the website! We saved a lot making them ourselves and buying the material on ebay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment