courageous

banner

Monday, April 25, 2011

Not so extreme couponing...


I was at my mom's yesterday and she taped a show for me to watch on Extreme Couponing! Wow! My couponing today was not so great as some of theirs. I definitely don't have 60 hours to devote to it like one woman did but she got something like $1200 worth of stuff in one shopping trip for $51 or something like that. I can't remember the exact amounts but that's close. I probably spent $51 today and got about $200 worth. I would love to do more than what I am doing but I live so far from the stores that I can't get there for the weekly deals so I have to be content to do what I can. Plus, some of their purchases are ridiculous. She had 55 years of body wash stocked up and lifetime supplies of other things. You don't need to turn every room of your house into stockpiles for things you may never live to use. It seems a waste of your time and space to do that. She didn't have much of a life outside of couponing. It was a bit of an addiction. I would be content for a year's worth of things at a time. Anything more would be a burden on our household for storage and trying to live a normal life! Whether you eat or whether you drink, whatever you do, do all for the glory of God 1 Corinthians 10:31 OK, so the chips want to be on their side. I got them for $1 a bag! Hornbacher's doubles $0.55 coupons up to $1.

A pretty good deal at CVS pharmacy and Walgreens! If you try the Nexcare bandages they send you back the money you paid on them per style of bandage! I paid $2.99 each and the rebate will come $2.99 X 3. Plus I had $0.55 off each one in a coupon but the rebate will still be the full price so I made $1.65 on this. The Always were a good deal for $6.99, I had a $2 off coupon and they gave me $2 in Extra Care Bucks. I turned around and bought an Infusium Detangler for $4.99 with a $2 coupon and the $2 extra care bucks it was $0.99 (Rebekah recommended I get this one, she has horribly tangly hair). The gum was $0.25 a pack and the toothbrushes were $0.79 each after coupons. I think I got the $2 off 2 Reach toothbrushes on Target or coupons.com if there are any other wanna-be couponers out there.



My really fun Target run. You can do this too or some of it. I got 2 coupons on Target.com for $1 off two greenworks products. Well, today and for awhile longer they have buy 3 cleaning products and get a dishsoap free. I has the $2 off and they were about $5 for all 4. They paid me 3 cents for the floss. They paid me 99 cents for the Carefree (this coupon was in my Sunday paper insert; Target coupon getting them for 1 cent and then a manufacturer's coupon for $1 off), they smell and I don't like them so I'll give them away but they made me money that went off the rest of my receipt so they were worth the time! Right now lightbulbs are on sale for $2.50 a four pack and Target.com has $1.50 off. The Nivea bodywash was $3.04 and I had $3 off each one!!!! Two of them have no dyes in them. Kandoo flushable wipes were $1.42 and I had $1 off. I got hamburger juice all over my arm and thankfully had these wipes in the van. Razors are always easy to find a deal on. The Bic Flex 4 were on sale for $4.99 and I had $3 off each one. You can buy these on ebay (I didn't, got them in my paper again). Coupons.com has $3 off some games. You can use the connect 4 coupon off the travel size and get them for $1.99 (gift idea or AWANA store). The Revlon files for nails were $1.27 each and I had 2- $5 off two. I made $4.92 buying these! This total was $83 before coupons. After coupons it was almost $27. I hate buying anything anymore unless I have a coupon for it. Every item here had one coupon or two.


I went to Hornbacher's before we left town because they had Bird's Eye veggies for $0.68 per bag, limit 4. I had 5 coupons for $1 off 3 and asked the manager if she would let me buy 20 bags but in sets of 4. She agree this time although she said it isn't supposed to be allowed. Each bag ended up costing me $0.43 each! I think normal price is around $2!!! Great fun to have peas and broccoli in the freezer for awhile! I told her about my Target deal and she said that's nice but you probably got a bunch of stuff you won't use. I assured her that wasn't true as you can see from the above picture. You can buy these on ebay too although I didn't have to this time. Just check for the expiration dates before you commit to buy. You don't want them expiring before you get them.





No comments: