Last night, the soaked flour was made into banana bread. Soaking the flour is supposed to break down the vitamins in the flour to make them more available for your body to absorb and easier to digest.
I received water kefir grains from a lady the weekend of Family Fun Days. I love receiving new information. It is a fermented drink using these grains, with sugar to feed the grains, lemon, and raisins for flavor I believe. It is carbonated and fizzy. I really like it. It has "good" bacteria to aid in digestion and other things. To read more about water kefir or soaking flour or grains for bread making you can check out www.passionatehomemaking.com . She is a young mother seeking to serve her family nutritious foods and live simply and frugally. She has many recipes for homemade soaps and toothpaste, etc. I haven't had much time to peruse her site but when I do have time, I will. Jordan found this site when she was checking on water kefir for me.

1 comment:
Thanks for posting this link! You are such an energetic homemaker - you put me to shame!
Post a Comment