We tried going camping Monday but Gideon was sick, Tuesday, but Isaac was sick, Wednesday, but Lena was sick. So on Thursday we get up and everyone felt good. I had a cleaning job that morning and then Em had violin lessons. Jordan stayed home and worked with the kids getting the camper ready. It takes hours! to get ready for two days of camping. Bedding for 9 (Kevin wasn't going), food for 6-7 meals with all the things to make it and serve it, first aid kit, toys, swim gear, bikes, toys for in case it rains, etc, etc. I got home and we spent another 1 1/2 hours cleaning up the house and grabbing last minute things. My brother had called a couple times by now wondering where we were. We got there about 6:30 p.m. We grilled right away because we were all so hungry. Em threw up about 7 p.m., Rebekah threw up about 9 p.m. and then Caleb about 15 minutes later. I was feeling like I was going to any moment. Now, what to do? Sleep there and see if we feel better the next day? What if I got real sick? How are we all going to throw up in that camper toilet with kids getting up and down on bunk beds? About 10:30 p.m. we headed home.
A very good thing! 2 a.m. Moriah threw up, 5 a.m. Isaac threw up. Kevin already had before we got home. I was so sick Friday that I couldn't get out of bed most of the day. Jordan felt sick by nightfall but hasn't thrown up yet. Most of us feel pretty good now. I am so glad we came home to our beds and toilets! :) No-one could eat while sick with this. You couldn't even keep water down! I sure hope we don't give this to my brother's family.

No comments:
Post a Comment