courageous

banner

Monday, April 26, 2010

Good morning Monday...

We are in the middle of a writing assignment for the boys and I have one boy who you have to fight, kicking and screaming nearly to get a few words out on the paper. He takes after his dad so much. (Kev isn't a book person although he wrote me some very nice letters when we were dating, it isn't his thing) The other boy takes after his older sister Jordan and writing is pleasurable for him.

The last we heard from Jordan was Saturday afternoon. I take "no news" to be "good news". Today, was written down on the schedule for them to visit a prison, street evangelism and construction projects.

We have begun planting as maybe most of you have too, if you garden. I have peas, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, beets and spinach in. It's a joke around here about Kev the junk collector. He is always bringing something home he found on a curb or bought dirt cheap at an auction and sometimes I think it is junk but sometimes it's useful. I guess it takes the right project to come along before you know if it is useful or not:) I bought peas that needed staking and sitting against my chicken coop all winter were these lattice pieces he got from a curbside. They had been used around a deck to enclose it. Well, they made the "perfect" fencing for the peas. It is even attractive! I can't wait to see those peas pop up. Last year, we tired of picking peas off the ground. I sure hope this make it easier to harvest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it does make it easier :) and it is soooo pretty to have the plants grow like vines. We had a bumper crop of peas last year!!! I think it was the cool weather. Garden blessings to you!!!