courageous

banner

Thursday, April 22, 2010

And she's off...

Jordan is off and traveling on her trip to Mexico. We got up before 5 a.m. to drive her over to the church they were leaving from. The van was pretty well packed with stuff and they didn't have everyone yet! I'm having a hard time because I was so thorough in helping her pack and getting EVERYTHING she needed and we get to the church and she forgot her pillow. I feel like I forgot it because I didn't notice it! Funny thing is, another girl, Rachel forgot hers too. We called Kim (a mom going) and she was going to add a couple more to her stuff. Kim is going with her four kids. She went once before with one of her sons and was so moved by the experience that she wants everyone to go. There are nine children 18 years old and under and four adults going. Please pray for her and the team as they journey down there the next two days.

Other news: Kevin was supposed to get his pin out Tuesday but the doctors felt it would serve him better to leave it in for two more weeks. There was no sign of infection and it wasn't loose yet (an indication of readiness). They didn't want to hinder the progress being made. I said to Kev today that I can't imagine not being able to use both my hands fully. It must drive him mad sometimes!

Now, onto school for the day. Since I was up a bit earlier than normal I have the laundry hanging on the line, the dishes all washed and dried, breakfast planned, and time to write this out. Have a good day and thanks for checking in on our life!

No comments: