courageous

banner

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Miscellaneous happenings...


Keeping on top of all correcting! Some Fridays I've spent hours correcting a week's worth of math and I really don't like that so I try to correct everything daily and have the kid's fix it.

Some coupon shopping. I got some cereal this week for 22 cents a box! I like having that on hand for mornings when I don't know what to fix (like this morning). Also, K-mart has double coupons now up to 5 a day per person. They will double up to $4 on a coupon. I had two different $1.50 off coupons for $3 off per item and I had a $2 coupon for a toothbrush that was $4 and it was free! I also got a free bottle of barbecue sauce with my $1 off coupon doubled to $2. It's an excellent deal with those high value coupons and also with their sales ads. Stores often have sales based on the coupons that are currently out there.
Sunmart stores have a limit of 2 boxes of cereal for 97 cents each plus a free reusable bag with each purchase of 2. I had $1.50 off coupons so I got mine for 22 cents a box and I notice they don't have them on coupons.com right now. It is for Kellogg's raisin bran, rice krispies, corn pops, apple jacks, corn flakes, and fruit loops. The raisin bran was gone, my first choice! I got rice krispies to make some One Cup Cookies with and my husband said, "mmm corn flakes are good with honey on them" so these are for him. I got Caleb's birthday cereal (Apple Jacks). Kids get to pick out any cereal they want for their birthday as it is usually the only time we let them have sugar cereal. I gave him only three choices since I had coupons for Apple Jacks plus they were on sale. I have never bought birthday cereal for 50 cents a box before! Most stores will let you go through 3 separate times. My friend Kim just brought 6 boxes and three reusable bags up to the register and said "I live out of town, can I just get them all now instead of going out to the car, coming back in, etc." and they let her.

Kevin had his stitches taken out on his finger Tuesday and the doctor thinks things look great! The pin will come out in two weeks. He's been waking up some nights having tried to bend his finger and it startles him.

I am hoping to get into the gardens this weekend and till areas for lettuce and clean out some more weedy areas. It was great last week to rake up stuff and burn it and see that fresh new look.

No comments: