Can you have premature praise? I'm learning that we are to "count it all joy my brethren when you fall into various trials" and we are to praise God in all things. I have trouble doing that most days (finding joy in my trials) but today Isaac showed absolutely no blood in two of his bm's!!!! Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! I pray it continues to show improvement and I will try to continue praising the Lord even when it doesn't turn out the way I want every single time. I'm reading a devotional booklet by Joseph Stowell about how good we are to look for ways God is working in our life and how quick we are to expect Him to continually show Himself to us but we don't want to give God what is required of us, worship and glory and obedience and love, etc. He told an example of a baseball player who was a hero one day and the next not based on his pitching. He learned fans live by the motto "What have you done for me today?" That's all that counts. We as Christians tend to ask "What had God done for me lately?" I tell you this walking by faith is such a continual process. I keep thinking I'm almost where God wants me to be and then I learn and grow some more. I'm aiming for not asking God what can He do for me now to show He's there but what can I do to show Him I'm trusting in Him. :) I'm a work in progress.
We went to a concert "The Rochesters" tonight as a family. It was wonderful music. Most of the kids thought so. We met a nice couple having their first baby in two weeks. How exciting! Having a baby is about the most exciting thing in the whole world, especially your first. My first baby is almost 17. I really don't feel like that's possible. Her first concert is Dec. 6th for the Symphony Orchestra. Call or email for details if you want to attend. I'm real excited. I don't actually know any details yet but I'll post them when I get them. She's playing her fingers off on the violin.

No comments:
Post a Comment