We had a nice day at my mom's yesterday. Just us, my parents and my brother. His family all went up north to his wife's family. Her dad was having heart surgery today. My brother had to work, trying to combine the corn. Isaac did real well even though he couldn't eat everything. He had turkey! He had some things that we brought along. He is going through a bit of a flare right now and we are trying to figure if it is a food that is causing it. It is so challenging to find out exactly what food could be doing it without feeding him nothing and then adding one thing every three days. He does well since we found a cheesecake recipe he can have. Amazing that something so basic tastes so good. It is made from strained goat's milk yogurt. You add some honey, eggs, real vanilla, and 2 cups dry curd cottage cheese. Blend it and bake and it tastes just like cheese cake.
Today, I planted lots of garlic. I can't believe how nice it is on Nov. 27th. I was digging the ground up and planting and it wasn't froze a bit. I got it all nicely covered with straw and we should have some nice varieties of garlic next fall. My friend Tina grows 14 varieties and lots of it so she shared with me the other day. We put Gizmo the male goat in with the three girls. In five months we should have some babies! :) The kids can't wait. They were very excited today, as if they will see the babies real soon.
Kevin's rash turns out to be a fungus trying to get out! He had been taking something for fungus and quit some time ago. He did go to the doctor. Please pray the stuff he is on will work soon. He is in pain with the itching. At least it's not contagious. I kept my distance until I knew what it was. I am officially done with my fast. 12 days total. 8 only on liquid. I chose the wrong foods to eat to come off of the fast and suffered with stomach pains the last three nights. I promised myself to be better today but once you eat solid food it's hard to have any will power. On liquid I can go on and on for days and never think about cheating but once you eat a bit of food, bam, I'm eating chips and salsa! I lost about 8 pounds and they're coming back on. I weighed what I did when I gained my Freshman 15 my first year in college before I got married. I bet I could fit in my wedding dress! I am having a small clothing crisis. I don't mind right now because I wear a lot of sweatshirts everywhere.
Isaac is counting down to Christmas. Every day he tells me how many days it is! Please pray for continued improvement, drastic improvement soon would be great! I sincerely pray his Christmas is much different than last year's. He has been through enough. Pray still for a complete, miraculous, shout it from the heavens healing that we can proclaim God's power throughout the land. He's dancing and singing to Lena right now, a Sesame Street song! Love it!

No comments:
Post a Comment