courageous

banner

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Ahhh!

I am not sure I can do a 10 day fast. I did three days only liquid now and it is getting hard. Lena is not sleeping at night and that doesn't help. I'm too tired to wash, peel and juice anything so I think that made me a little weak and yucky feeling but also the toxins should be leaving me about now. I will persevere because all my stomach pains have gone away and so have the ones I had in my colon area. I need to let it continue to heal before I put food on it. I'll be pushing to get this done by Thanksgiving but plan to actually do 8 day juice fast followed by a 2 day fruit/veggie so that I can a little bit to eat on Thanksgiving. If any of you have done this before you can't just go back to your regular eating or you'll feel sick. I've done this twice so I have some experience but always "cheat" before the end. The kids are eating up our peanut butter so that's a plus (they are having mostly peanut butter sandwiches :) ) Not actually, but they are eating more. Last night I made spaghetti sauce with hamburger on spaghetti squash again and they just eat it up. Isaac can have it so we like to do that with home canned green beans and homemade applesauce. I also am getting my squash cooked up and frozen! It's going bad in my garage and oh, is it hard to watch that rot away. I paid almost $8/squash in the store this last winter and spring to make Isaac's special pancakes so I see every rotten squash as money out of our pocket. I'm up to about 10 thrown away ($80!!!!) If I cook up 5 a day I'll have it done in 10 days.

My hubby has shingles, well, I am pretty sure that's what all those blisters are that itch him and are cropping up new in different places each day. He's been stressed although he doesn't feel he's overly worried about anything in particular, just really busy and lots on his mind. It doesn't help that Lena isn't sleeping. She is going downstairs tonight and maybe staying there! We both need some real sleep.

Isaac is starting to have some side-effects of the prednisone. He is weaning off of it but it is causing muscle pain and itchy eyes. Please continue praying for him to heal up inside as he weans off of it. He has a chest cold. Pray for that to pass quickly as the prednisone wreaks havoc with his immune system and his body can't fight these kind of things as well as normal. It is hard to never go anywhere but maybe we should have until he was off the prednisone?!? The other kids would not go for that. We've tried to be smart and washing hands and all but you can't stop every germ.

No comments: