courageous

banner

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I've got a new plan...

Jordan and I love to plan something. When we lay it all out it feels all neat and tidy. We can conquer with a plan. Saturday we cleaned the kitchen top to bottom and it was so hectic at first because we were going back and forth to different projects and then Kev called saying he was coming home in 20 and we thought "Oh, we wanted this done before he got home!!" Then we developed a plan and it got done, well, except I had wanted to empty every cupboard and wipe it out, maybe next time. I like looking at my vacuumed ceiling, clean light fixtures and no stuff on the counters. It feels neat and tidy.

I wish my life were neat and tidy. I develop a plan with Isaac's diet or supplements or dr. appt.s and hope they will follow the schedule, but they don't ever seem to. I read and research and read and ask people who ask people about everything I can and it seems it should follow this certain way and wah lah, he'll be as good as new. Then I develop a new plan, another one and another one and as I watch each one fail or at least not bring the desired results, I lose a little heart in it with each failure. I still determine I'll figure it out and this time might be the "magic" key to take us there. I don't believe in "magic" though and instead pray Lord, show me if this is the way. I question why wasn't it "the way" a few times ago but He is Sovereign and knows what's best for me (this is hard to accept but what can I do, I haven't figured how to go back in time and redo it). Well, all this to say we have another plan and I'm happy again to have a laid out plan; do this for 3 days, do this for 3 more, do this for 3 more and call me, the doctor said. Please pray God's hand upon this plan and for healing to be seen immediately. I do not "plan" to give any man glory for Isaac's healing so come what may it will be all God's doing.

Well wishes to all who spend time with our family this way.

No comments: